Monday, 26 January 2009

Hearts and Kisses. A valentines card.

I'd like to share a valentines card that I made. I realised that the only heart punch I had wasn't really the shape of heart I was looking for so I had to improvise and use a large six petal flower punch (Woodware super 2" Flower). I drew lines on the back to divide all the petals like slices of a pie; I then cut out two "slices" width to create a heart (see the shaded area in the diagram).

I then mounted the hearts on white punched circles, popping the centre one up with dimensional pads. Two rows of pricked holes along the bottom of the card were cross-stitched with red button thread to create 'kisses' and I wrote 'love and' in the space left in the rows. The paper for the hearts came from the Little Sizzles 'Country' paper pad by Sissix. I think this has a more masculine feel to it so it's great for male friend or relative. The sentiment could also be changed, maybe hugs and kisses?

Thanks for looking.

No comments: