Saturday, 23 May 2009

A Flight of Butterflies...


I love the elegance of butterflies. I love to see them dance across the sky and that was the inspiration for a card I designed and made using my craft robo. Now I have had the craft robo for about 2 years now, but I haven't really seriously used it ot make anything. I have played about cutting the odd shape, but not produced a complete project using it.

I don't have a dedicated crafting space: the kitchen table is where I craft and that means that I constantly have to clear stuff away for meals and such. So I don't get my laptop and craft robo and paraphenalia out very often, but I was determined to do so for this idea I had.

I used paintshop pro to create my design and then created the cut file in the robomaster software that came with the cutter. Then I started the cutter and waited for the image to finish being cut.

I used Almost Amethyst cardstock for the base card which measure 41/4 x 41/4 ins and then I cut the same butterflies out with Barely Banana cardstock. A little light chalking around the edges with some pearlescent chalks and I layered the butterflies over the background card, leaving the wings slightly raised on some.

I then used my stamp a ma jig to position the sentiment on the background in the space between the butterflies.

I love the elegant simplicity of this card.

: ) Estazia

1 comment:

Paula Pascual said...

Brilliant card, I love the idea. It 's great!