Friday, 8 May 2009

A gift from a challenge

My Stampers Ten group was sent a package of A6 size cardstock and designer paper pieces and challenged to make something with it.

I took a small square of the Tea Party DP and stuck it in a small frame from a K&Co bracelet kit. I added a small glittered Gelly Butterfly sticker and covered the lot in diamond glaze to seal it. When it was dry I fitted it to the bracelet chain from the kit with a jump ring.
Fortuitously my niece's name is Katie and K&Co have stamped a K on the findings (presumably for K&Co!) so I decided to make this for her upcoming birthday.

Next I broke apart the small box of matches I found in my kitchen drawer and made a template of the box which I transferred to the card stock. I made up the box and wrapped some of the DP around it and lined the inside with some more. A band of white paper that was punched with a fiskars punch wrapped over that and I stuck three small flowers 2 yellow 1 pink on the top. Finally some gems in the flower middles finished of the box.

Believe it or not I still had some paper and card left over and so I used strips to create a postcard with the final complete piece of A6 cardstock I had left. There was just enough cardstock to create a pocket for a gift card on the back of the postcard. Some more punched white paper and flowers tied it to the matchbox.
A little tip: I got the small flowers from a bunch a artificial flowers that my mum had bought and no longer wanted. I just pulled the fabric blooms off the plastic stalks and they yielded about 200-300 blooms of each colour. Flowers like this can be found in discount stores and might be worth a look.
: ) Estazia

No comments: