Monday, 8 June 2009

Happy birthday to yoo-hoo!

I finally made an acetate card. I have used acetate in card making before, especially as a window and such, but never as a card base. This is particularly sturdy acetate but can still be cut with scissors. The card is 4 x 4 inches.

The owl stamp is a Sugar Nellie design for Craft Stamper magazine and the flower border is from the Four Japanese Dolls set by Hero Arts.

I stamped the owl onto brown cardstock using a clear versamark ink and then brushed a gold mica powder over it. Next I stamped just the head of the owl onto white cardstock and again brushed on the gold mica powder. I then cut out the eyes and beak and layered them on the brown owl. I used an orange soufflé pen to colour the beak. Next I used white opaque Stazon to stamp the flower border down the right side of the card front. I then used Sakura glaze pens to colour the flowers in.

Inside the card I fixed a brown scalloped circle of cardstock and then using the computer generated a circle of text saying ‘Happy birthday to yoo-hoo’ on white cardstock. I used a circle punch to cut it out and glued this to the scalloped layer. Now I could line up the owl and fix it to the front of the card using a spray adhesive. A ribbon (free from a magazine) tied down the left hand side finished it up.

I also fixed a circle of white cardstock to the back of the card behind the scalloped circle so I could write my message.

Thanks for looking.
: ) Estazia

No comments: