Sunday, 21 June 2009

House Box becomes a colour challenge project

Good morning.

This post connects two people whose blog's I visit regularly and whose work I admire (and aspire to create similar results.)

I designed a house shaped box after seeing a chipboard house on Lauren Meader's blog that she altered. Lauren's Timeless Templates are great and I suddenly wondered if I could make a template to make a paper house.

Well I designed it on my computer and then made it up using white cardstock to test my design. Great it worked! And then it sat on my desk for about three and a half weeks, undecorated!

On to the second blog connection, Kristina Werner. I visit regularly and look at her Color Inspiration challenges and love the combinations, but I don't join in. Usually because I just don't have the time. This week however, I made time. I took my poor undecorated house and gave it a makeover. I also made a card that will go into the box (with some buddies of course) to create a nice gift for my Aunt who has just moved into a new house.

Anyway here are some pics. Thanks for looking : ) Estazia
supplies: Really Rust, More Mustard (Stampin Up) White and Grey cardstock
Scallop Border Punch(Stampin Up)
Flower Soft in Summer
Basic Grey Urban Prairie Wild Flowers Stamp
Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink in Charcoal
Whispers Archival ink in Green Leaf








25 comments:

A Stamper's Journey said...

This is adorable. What a great idea!

Maureen

scrapperia said...

What an awesome idea! Very, very nice.

Kimberly said...

Wow! This is absoluty adorable! I love how you worked this challenge!! Way to go!! Awesome!! :)

Winter said...

WOW, amazing!! What a great gift for a new house! Glad you could join us for the challenge! :)

chemgrl said...

Gorgeous! What a fab idea! I would love if you could share the house template.

Nancy L. said...

OMGoodness!! Beautiful

lindal said...

Wow that is fantastic!

Karen said...

WOW!!!!! Oh goodness, this is really a crafter's delight! I just love that the card is inside the house, those windows with flower boxes, and that wonderful trellis with climbing flowers!!! You worked wonders with this challenge! :>

Louise said...

What a neat idea for a housewarming gift - it is just beautiful!

Rose said...

Wow! That is adorable! Love your house creation! Great job :)

Terri E. said...

Way to make a fun box! This is so neat. Fabulous job with the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Yolande Jones said...

As soon as I saw this I said Wow - out loud! This is gorgeous.

paperella said...

What an amazing creation! Aren't there any "crafting" Academy Awards for things like this? Wow!
Thanks for sharing :)

Sheila said...

WHAT A SWEET PROJECT, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Winter said...

Congrats on top pick! :)

Brenda said...

what an adorable project!!! I love it! You totally rocked the color challenge!

Anthonette said...

You did such an amazing job! Congrats on Kristina's Top 15!

Tethered2Home said...

Are you kidding? This is amazing! What great details. Congrats!

Julia Aston said...

I just love your wonderful cottage! the trellis and vines are super - great job on this - congrats on your being in the 15!

Sharnee Torrents said...

This is completely amazing!! I love it sooooooooooooooooo much!! I want one too!!! Any sharing on how you did it??? So, so super duper!! Congrat's on being picked for the top fifteen!! YAY!! How exciting!!!!

travelingmama said...

What an amazing project! Seriously, wow!

Paula Pascual said...

Great project, is a great an idea!

dasimonds said...

Pretty amazing House!!
Beautiful job..
colors look great.
TFS

Randee said...

I love your house! I looked on Timeless Templates but don't see a template for the house to purchase. Can you tell me where to find it or do you have your own?
Thanks!

Deb Rymer said...

Wow - this is amazing! Fabulous job! Congrats on the top pick.