Monday, 29 June 2009

Quick Tip and a card....

I recently designed and made a project (to be posted later) that I wanted to use some gems on. I only had blue or clear gems and they didn't work with the colour scheme of my project, so I wondered if I could alter the clear gems to fit. I coloured them with a copic marker and left them to dry for a few minutes. It worked I got lovely cognac coloured gems and now I know that I'll only be buying clear gems in the future and colouring them to fit my project.


I also had to make a very rushed card this week as I only realised that it was my neighbours daughter's first birthday as I saw them setting out the balloons for her party. I rummaged through my stash and found this paper pieced bluebird that I had made up. I got the pattern from My Scrap Chick and cut it out using a cricut and SCAL (Sure Cuts a Lot) a couple of months ago. I was just testing out the pattern and software and made up the chick and then stuck it a scraps box. Well it made the pefect centrepiece to a card for Kaitlin who is very chirpy and almost always happy. A few punched flowers and a scalloped edge meant this card took about 10 minutes to make.

I think I will make up a few more little characters and toppers as you never know when you need something in hurry.

Thanks for looking.
: ) Estazia

2 comments:

Karen said...

That's so very sweet of you to remember your neighbor's baby's birthday with a cute card!! I've heard about coloring clear bling wtih alcohol based markers, but have not seen it or tried it. Thanks for the picture!! I have tried coloring clear Dew Drops with Bic Mark It pens and while it worked, it is a more subtle effect.

On another little note, just wanted to let you know that I have not been able to get that little house you made out of my head....it was so great! I'm looking forward to seeing you create! :>

Estazia said...

Thanks Karen for the comments. I've used permanent marker pens before to colour brads and eyelets, don't know why it took me so long to think about using it on the gems.
Glad you liked the house. I'm going to clean up the template a bit and then offer it for sale : )