Saturday, 1 August 2009

Big guy, little guy cards

The youngest of 'my' boys turned seven last week. I can hardly believe it. He was only 6 1/2 months old when I started looking after him! His dad's birthday is two days after his and so I needed two male themed cards for a big guy and a little guy.

I saw a card Kristina Werner made that used the small paper images on the cover sheet of a scrapbook paper pack. I had also kept all my Basic Grey pack sheets just in case I could use them and so now was the perfect time. I broke out their Archaic set and cut some of the small square contact images from the display sheet. I arranged them on the card and then used the alphabet stickers from the same set to spell out happy birthday. I loved this card and it was so easy as the papers all co-ordinated.

The card I made for Sam had been planned around the use of the Changito's in Space set. Joanne of Mainly Flowers blog made a fantastic 18th card with them and I fell in love with the stamps. As I call Sam a cheeky monkey at every available moment it seemed appropriate. So I created a round card (drew round a plate onto a folded card) and used chalks on a pearlescent blue paper to create a planet like surface . Then I used prismacolor pencils and oms to colour the stamped images which I arranged on the planet. I used a rocket to help balance the card.

No comments: