Saturday, 28 April 2012

Eighteenth Birthday Card

I finally got around to trying my hand at the heavily embellished style of card. I also got a chance to use some of the pearls that I made using the method I blogged about on Tuesday. I designed a dress form cutfile from an image I found at a wonderful site called Free Vintage Digital Stamps. I thought the elegance of the dress form would suit a card for a young lady who is just turning 18 and the pearls just added the finishing touch to a card that has paper lace, flowers, glitter and ribbon on it. If you have a digital cutter that can take svg files or a silhouette cutter then come back later this week for the free cut file of the dress form.
I cut the number 18 from the Cricut Alphabet Cartridge that comes preloaded on the Expression 2. I cut each number three times out of thick white card and once out of an old gold pearlescent paper. When I stacked the layers it made the numerals look like thick chipboard. A computer printed sentiment and glittered die cut leaves completed the look.
The background paper is from a digikit at Scrap Girls called French Market. Take care and have fun!

No comments: