Monday, 16 April 2012

Plaster Casts

Whilst I was enjoying my Easter break poor Sam was spending a night in hospital after breaking his arm whilst skateboarding. He has a cast from from wrist to armpit and the novelty is soon wearing thin. There are so many things he can't do at the moment and boredom is setting in.

I don't really need any excuse to make a card and they are usually well received. I hope that in most cases they cheer up the recipient.

For Sam I made a really big Tumble Ted character card complete with plaster cast. I took a digi stamp of Tumble Ted into a graphics program and digitally coloured it and some clothes to dress him up. Mirroring the image and removing the face creates a card back and sticking the head together creates a tent card. Each image was printed out an A4 sheet creating a card just about 12 inches tall.


The clothes were stuck on after I had lined up the card so that I could make sure that they aligned front and back.



I used some Snow Writer by Decoarts to create a plaster cast on the bears arm.



Despite being almost 10 he still loved his Teddy pal and I think Ted will get his cast signed just like Sam's.

Take care and have a great day X

No comments: