Sunday, 1 July 2012

Birthday Time

Hi there, hope you all are having a lovely day? I have another male birthday card to share today.



I created a cut file for the silhouette (available in the shop soon) of a clock face.  It was based on the clockface of the Westminster Tower Clock (incorrectly known as Big Ben) in London.  I cut the clock and hands out of 300gsm white cardstock and then used the diecut as an embossing mask.  I placed the cut image on the Grand Calibur mat, lay the cardstock (also 300gsm) that I wanted to emboss on top and then covered them both with the tan embossing mat. The embossing plate finished the sandwich and I ran it through the Calibur.  It produced a lovely crisp emboss and I enhanced it by chalking the white card in browns to give it a vintage look.
The hands I covered in versamark ink and sprinkled with gold embossing powder. I heat embossed the powder and repeated the process to 'enamel' them.  I attached with a gold brad. There is no significance to the time I just thought it looked good, but if you knew what time someone was born you could certainly do that to make the card very personal.
I matted it with Stamping Up Chocolate Chip card and made a ruffled ribbon border out some kraft paper. I printed the letter blocks from my pc onto the same kraft paper to finish the look.

The best thing is I haven't used the diecut clockface and the second set of hands that I created with the file, so I will be able to use them on another card.  Kind of two for the price of one.

No comments: